Inspired by a delicious corn dip recipe I found on the Pioneer Woman, I decided to change it up a little and make a healthier version. Served in mini sweet peppers, this summer snack would be perfect for an outdoor get-together with friends. It's still as addictive as the original, but you don't have to feel as guilty about eating it.
What's your favorite summer snack?
Lighened Up Corn Dip
This corn dip is a healthier version of a classic summer dip. Watch out though, it's equally addictive!
- 10 oz bag (or about 4 ears, shucked) frozen corn, thawed (or use fresh)
- 1 8 oz package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more to taste) cayenne pepper
- to taste salt and pepper
- juice of one lime
On a skillet heated to medium high heat, cook corn until browned. Set aside and let cool. Using a mixer, combine neufchatel cheese, greek yogurt, and green onions. Mix until smooth. Add the cheeses, seasonings, and lime juice, and mix a little more. Finally, mix in the corn. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips (I recommend the thicker ones or scoops) or in hollowed out sweet pepper halves.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 servings
I'm teaming up with Nebraska Furniture Mart to share an awesome summer #TailgaterDish giveaway. Now through June 21 you can enter to win the following items:
- Dish Network King Tailgater 2 - enjoy live Dish TV wherever you go with this portable satellite dish. At only 8 pounds, it's lightweight, portable, and easy to set up.
- Weber Grill - this portable, yet durable, grill is perfect for tailgating parties. The tall lid allows for larger foods, and the built-in thermometer allows you to monitor the heat.
- 43" LG TV - watch your favorite shows on this slim, sleek 1080p TV with LED backlit display.
- $75 Gift Card to Omaha Steaks
To enter the giveaway, just go here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was compensated by Nebraska Furniture Mart for this post. All opinions are my own. Also, the giveaway is hosted by Nebraska Furniture Mart, and they will notify the winner.