June Goal Recap
Frame print(s). Yes! I finally ordered a frame for my Boulevard Brewery print and I made a little makeshift washi tape frame for a print I wanted to hang above my desk.
Call our realtor. Done. This is the step that makes our home selling and buying journey seem real. I can't wait to find our next home! What I can wait for, however, is trying to keep our house showing-ready with a toddler and a dog.
1. Organize blogging resources, tips, and contacts. For someone who prides herself on organization, I've sure done a crappy job of this one. My blogger contacts are a jumbled mess. How do you organize your blog (or work) contacts?
Fix/download Photoshop Elements. Done! I'm ashamed that I waited so long to do this. All it took was a brief chat on Adobe's site with a helpful gentleman named Piyush, and just like that I was able to download the software. Now I just need to learn how to use it.
Do more collaborating. Yes. I worked with a couple of awesome brands last month (EZPZ and Tulip Kansas City). I also joined an awesome local networking group and I can't wait to get to know the hard-working women who are part of it.
Fun / Family
Fill photo album with May pictures and print photos for June. I did this, although I also wanted to take more pictures with my camera (vs. my phone) and I wasn't very successful with that.
Try a new meal/snack idea for Jona. I did try a few things, see my post here. Of course we're still deep in the trenches of picky eating, but it's encouraging that sometimes he's willing to try something different.
3. Go on a picnic as a family. Darn it, this one didn't happen. We did have some rain last month, but this fail was primarily due to sheer lack of time. However, I have some days off this month so I'm penciling "picnic" in my planner.
1. Clean out and organize basement. After moving from a one-bedroom apartment to a house with a full (but unfinished) basement, over the past 5 years we've turned into hoarders. Anything that we've been unable to part with yet can't designate a home for gets sent to the basement. I feel like putting a "Garage Sale" sign in our yard and then directing people downstairs.
2. Get house ready to put on the market. I mentioned yesterday that we have to do a little un-decorating to get our house ready to show. On top of that we have some de-cluttering and re-carpeting to do (thanks, Ellie).
1. Organize my blogging resources, tips, and contacts. Third time's a charm?
2. Learn how to use Photoshop Elements. I have it, now I need to figure out how to use it!
3. Make current and past posts more Pin-able. I've been reading a lot of articles on blogging lately about the importance of making posts (both new and old) more Pinterest friendly. It makes since, because Pinterest is my favorite way to bookmark blog posts I want to save, not to mention a great source for finding new blogs to read. Hopefully learning Elements will help with this as well.
4. Make a list of blogs I'd like to contribute or guest post on and contact them. One of my long-term goals is to do more writing and ultimately, turn writing into a career. That will only happen if I venture out beyond my little blog.
Fun / Family
1. Fill photo album with June pictures and print photos for July. And take more pictures with the camera. I'm thankful for my iPhone and the fact that I don't have t lug my camera around everywhere, but I really need to take more camera photos. It's not that hard to carry around.
2. Go on a picnic. Since that didn't happen last month, I hope I can make it happen in July.
3. Go to the farmer's market. Kansas City has such an awesome farmer's market. It gets pretty crowded, but if we go early enough in the morning Jona would have a blast exploring it with us. We'll be sure to buy some fruit on his "approved" list too.
What are your goals for this month?