I still love trying new dinner recipes, but it's a requirement that they be quick and easy. That does not mean they have to be boring, however. This week's meals, all quick, easy, and packed with big, bold flavors, were a testament to that.
What's your go-to for a quick, easy, yet flavorful meal?
Clockwise from top left:
1. Cheesy Meatball Skillet from The Cooking Jar. When I think of easy yet flavorful, meatballs frequently come to mind. These are no exception; they're juicy and tender from being browned on the stove and finished in the oven. And don't forget the lovely little coating of mozzarella cheese that melts right on top. Oh, and it's a one pan wonder too!
2. Chicken and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry from Skinnytaste. This is an old favorite at my house, and to me it's the perfect spring time stir-fry. The stir-fry method makes it quick and easy, the sauce makes it bold and flavorful, and the lemon and asparagus make it light and fresh.
3. Pasta with Sausage and Sweet Peppers from Say Yes. I'm guilty of buying those flavored chicken sausages when they go on sale, and then forgetting about them in the freezer. Luckily I found this easy go-to meal that will use them right up. The sausage is browned up with sweet red peppers, and then tossed with pasta in a creamy, but not too heavy sauce.
4. Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites from Mel's Kitchen Cafe with Skillet Potatoes and Green Beans from Budget Bytes. Before we go any further, know that this is chicken, wrapped in bacon, and then dredged in a brown sugar-chili powder mixture. I know. I have visions of these little bites served up at future summer barbecues. These little chicken bites stole the show, but the skillet potatoes and green beans deserve honorable mention for sure. I'll be making both again no doubt.
From the archives:
- 3 years ago: making sour cream cheesy noodle bake.