Clockwise from top left:
1. Quinoa Chicken Curry Bowls from Pinch of Yum. I've never made anything quite like this before; chicken is cooked with curry paste and other seasonings, then chicken broth and tomato puree are added followed by other veggies and quinoa. After the quinoa cooks it sort of looks like a chicken and quinoa stew. You serve it in bowls and top with rice, cilantro, green onions, and anything else that sounds good. This had great flavor!
2. Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce from Damn Delicious with roasted asparagus and potatoes. I could pretty much eat sun-dried tomatoes like candy, so that's what made me want to try this. Plus a cream sauce? What's not to love. I tried to balance things out a little by serving this with some asparagus.
3. Cheesy Baked Tortellini from Brown Eyed Baker. Speaking of cream sauce, this recipe has a tomato and cheesy cream sauce combo that the tortellini bake in. Then it's topped with even more cheese. This wasn't the lightest meal ever, but it sure was good!
4. Thai Ginger Stir-Fry from The Kitchn. You know I love a good stir fry; I'm constantly trying new recipes too. This was a good one, what I liked about it was that there were fewer ingredients than many stir-fries have. Quick, easy, and tasty. I substituted pork (chops, thinly sliced) for the chicken, but any meat (or none) would work.
Do you consider yourself to be a healthy eater?
From the archives:
- 3 years ago: making buttermilk roast chicken.