March Goal Recap:
Finish organization projects started last month. Done. I bought a bin to store the cleaning supplies under the sink. I also bought a bulletin board and some desk supplies to corral the coupons, mail, and other desk-related papers.
Hang updated family pictures on the wall. Yes, I did do this! See this blog post for the details on how I hung my photos up.
Sharpen knives. Done! A good, sharp kitchen knife makes such a difference.
Create a media kit. I can't say that I won't make changes to it or tweak it to fit the brand I'm pitching, but I do have a completed media kit ready to go if a brand asks for one. It only took me 5 years of blogging...
Use social media consistently. I'm using it more consistently than I did before, so I'll check this one off. I don't have a posting schedule or anything like that, but I've accepted the fact that while blogging isn't my day job, that probably won't happen. I'm posting regularly on all my social media channels, which is more than I was doing in the past.
Fun / Family:
Fill photo album with February pictures and memories, and print photos for March. Done!
Take Jona to a local kid-friendly place or event. We went to a couple of kid-friendly places last month. One was a restaurant called Fritz's that caters to kids with its train theme; a train even comes around the tracks and brings the food to your table. The food wasn't great, but Jona loved looking at the trains and saying "choo choo!" The other "event" we went to was an Easter egg hunt at our church. I know he didn't understand why he was supposed to find and pick up eggs, but he sure had fun picking them up and putting them in his basket!
Try a new hairstyle. Yes, I veered away from my usual straightening and styled my hair in waves a few times! Here's an Instagram shot for proof.
1. Organize and clear clutter from my dresser. I would consider myself to be a very organized person. However, I feel like I'm constantly battling clutter at home. Little things that I'll just set aside to deal with "later" pile up and then later comes and I have so. much. stuff. So my dresser is this month's clutter-clearing project.
2. Frame prints. I'm terrible about getting prints framed. Let's hope I can get a couple taken care of this month. (Isn't this one cute?)
3. Finish dining room shelves. Although I accomplished my goal of putting up shelves in our dining room in February, the shelves are still somewhat bare. I just need to add some photos or knickknacks to each shelf so they look "done."
1. Pitch a brand or blog I'd like to collaborate with. I mentioned in this post that I'd like to do more collaborating. Now that my media kit is in order I feel a little more prepared to do that. I'm attending Go Blog Social this weekend, and I know I'll be getting even more ideas there.
2. Make mission and vision statements visible on my blog. I have these statements (also seen here), but they're not explicitly shown on my blog.
Fun / Family:
1. Fill photo album with March pictures and print photos for April. Same goal, different month.
2. Makeover my breakfast routine. I've been eating (dry) cereal for breakfast for years and years, and my excuse has always been that I don't have time to eat anything better. However, I'm so tired of cereal. It's expensive, usually not all that healthy, and it doesn't keep me full for long. I'm always hungry again by mid-morning. I'm going to scour my breakfast Pinterest board for quick and easy or make-ahead breakfast ideas that I can eat every morning instead of cereal.
3. Put together a Shutterfly album for Jona's first year. Yeah, I still haven't made an album or baby book for the first year of Jona's life. #momfail You know I have enough pictures to fill multiple albums though, so it's about time I got them organized. I love Megan's idea of making a photobook on Shutterfly, saving it, and then waiting for one of their awesome sales to buy it. It will be a big project, but I need to get it done.
What are your goals for April?