Playtime: Thanks to grandparents and friends who spoiled him rotten this Christmas, Jona has a multitude of new toys to play with. Some of his favorites are a mini basketball goal (he loves throwing the ball and saying "Ball!"), big lego-like blocks, and a set of plastic safari animals (his favorite part--the little gray rocks that came with the set...so funny).
Chit-chat: He's still talking constantly, mostly gibberish with "real" words mixed in. He loves singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" so he'll say "head" (kind of) and point to his head. He loves to say "Hi" and "Bye". At night, when I tell him to say goodnight to Dada, he says "Bye!" His favorite word used to be "yeah" but he's gotten oh-so-sophisticated and now he says "yes" all the time. He's also still saying "thank you" when he gets or gives anything. When I put his shoes on, he says "shoesh". They do a lot of counting at daycare, so he'll say "two" after I say one, and he'll say "fie!" after four. He'll also say "pizza" (one of his favorites" but it also sounds a lot like "bee-dah" which is zebra. Also, if you ask him what color something is, he'll say "booo" (blue) no matter what color it is.
Teeth: Jona is now the proud owner of four big molars! (As well as 6 front teeth, four top, two bottom.) He did not enjoy the arrival process.
Jona Funnies: a few memorable things from the last couple of months
- We taught Jona to "cheers" with his milk which he loves to do constantly now at dinner time.
- When he wants more of something (usually fruit) he points to the empty space on his plate and says "I want dis". (That's a bit of a stretch...it sounds a little like that, but it's not very clear, except the "dis" part.)
- His babysitter taught him to "blow" his nose. If you give him a tissue, he'll blow a raspberry with his mouth.
- He's learning animal sounds, and when you ask him what a sheep says, he says "baahhhh" very similar to a dinosaur roar.
- When he falls down and then stands back up, he says "Yay!" (which rhymes with pie) and claps for himself.
- During the not-walking phase, he would lie down on the floor, put his head down, and fake cry, when we asked him to walk. Stinker.
- He has a little stuffed dog that talks and plays music, Scout, and he'll sometimes sing along to the songs. There's a song that says "I'd like a dog, please..." and Jona will always chime in with "Peeeze".