1. Pumpkin Time. Over the weekend we visited Louisburg Cider Mill and Pumpkin Patch. It was Jona's first time there, and clearly, he loved it. No, this picture is deceiving because he actually did have fun, he just doesn't appreciate it when I set him down for a picture and walk away. We drank apple cider, ate freshly-made donuts, and picked out our perfect pumpkins from the patch. If you're in the Kansas City area, it's definitely worth a visit!
2. S'mores Bars. What do you get when you combine chocolate chip cookie dough, an ENTIRE jar of marshmallow fluff, and 3 Hershey bars? Some seriously delicious s'mores bars, that's what! They may not look the prettiest, but who needs pretty when you're ooey, gooey, and chocolaty? They're quick and easy to make too--even with homemade chocolate chip cookie dough (which you could totally cheat on) I got these babies in the oven in one nap time, with time to spare!
3. Fall boots. When I put it together in September, I hesitated to add my brown riding boots to my fall capsule. It was so warm then that I wasn't prepared for boots season yet. Well let me tell you, I'm prepared now. They're in. For some inspiration, I took a walk down (blogging) memory lane to see how I styled them in the past. These boots sure have gotten a lot of wear over the past few years!
4. Halloween Decor. I always have good intentions when it comes to decorating for Halloween, but the reality is I never get around to it. I'm too cheap to buy lots of decorations, but I don't have time to make them. Sob story, I know. Not this year though! Tomorrow I'll share what I made with you, but here's a sneak peek.
5. Pattern Play. Stripes plus one pattern is good, but stripes plus two patterns!? I think I blew my own mind here. I know I was down on neutrals yesterday, but today we're back to being BFFs. Neutrals are what make this print mix look cohesive rather than crazy. And check out my mini-print-mixer in his stripes and camo. Stud-muffin in the making, am I right?
What's making you smile this week?