1. Ice cream for lunch. Excuse me, frozen custard for lunch. Sometimes, it just has to happen. When it's sweltering and there's a Sheridan's Frozen Custard less than 5 minutes from my work, well, an ice-cream obsessed girl's willpower only goes so far.
2. Space in my (tiny, shared) closet. Like actual space to slide the hangers back and forth. I didn't even know that was possible! I have hangers that I'm not even using! Sorry for the excessive exclamation points, but you should have seen it before. Aaron can actually see his clothes now. It may have technically been a shared closet before, but up until now my stuff took up about 80% of the space, and I'm not even exaggerating.
It's not just me who has a stripe addiction, is it?
3. Jona on his first "bike". So he may not quite have the whole "push with my legs to make it go" thing figured out yet, but he looks too cute sitting there! Thanks Papa Gary and Grandma Gail for the sweet ride!
4. Counting by 7s. The last book I read (Lark and Termite) left me a little perplexed. There were many things I enjoyed about it; the writing style, for instance, was beautiful and evocative. However, I frequently found myself trying to figure out what was actually going on, you know, with the plot. By contrast, I recently started Counting by 7s, which has been refreshingly easy to read and sink into. Heartbreaking, but absorbing nonetheless.
5. Kitchen deals at Ross. I've blogged about Ross before. I've shopped at Ross before. But when I visited their newest store in the area (this one is fairly close to where I live), I discovered something I had overlooked before. They have so much kitchen stuff! When I went last weekend, I was getting ready to tackle my closet, so I thought it may not be a good idea to bring home more clothes (or shoes) for my already overstuffed closet. So with a tear in my eye, I wandered past the shoe selection and found myself surrounded by pots and pans and utensils, all at amazing deals. I got all these name brand, much-needed items for $25. How awesome is that? Thanks Ross!
What has been making you smile lately?
I was provided a $25 gift card to Ross as compensation for this post. However, all opinions are my own.