Here are a few things I've been smiling about lately:
1. Fresh paint: 4 years ago, we bought our house. 4 years ago we wanted to paint our living room and kitchen. Last weekend we finally did it, and I'm elated with the results! Now I have the fever; I want to reupholster our (dirty, dingy) dining room chairs and add some artwork to our walls. I'm lost when it comes to decorating, but I think painting was just the push I needed.
2. Little boy: I recently had to buy new pajamas for Jona; his toes were about to bust through the bottom of his old pairs. I bought size 12 months, and for some reason in those little footie pajamas with the rubber padding on the feet, he looks like such a little boy. What happened to my little tiny baby??!
3. Best Dress: This dress is still one of my favorites. It's still what I reach for when I'm having one of those "I can't find anything to wear" days or when what I planned to wear didn't quite pan out. (That was the case today.) Thanks, stripey dress, for always being there.
4. Game Night: Aaron and I spent last Friday night painting, so on Saturday we didn't have the energy to do much of anything. We decided to stay in and play Trivial Pursuit (my favorite game ever), and I'm happy to say I was the champion of the evening.
5. A good read: I just started The Book Thief and I'm having a hard time putting it down and going to sleep each night. I love a book that sucks me in like that!
What are you smiling about this week?