Thanks to your great feedback on last month’s round-up post, I’m going to try to make this a regular thing. Here’s an overview of the (short!) month of July:
What I wore: Here are some of my favorite looks of the month.
What I read:
- Lamb by Christopher Moore: This was the hilarious account of Jesus Christ as a child and young adult told through the eyes of his best pal Biff. If you take it seriously it could be seen as sacrilegious, but that wasn’t the point at all. I loved it, even more than I liked Fool, which I read earlier this year.
- 50 Shades of Grey, 50 Shades Darker, and 50 Shades Freed by E. L. James: I heard mostly negative reviews of this trilogy, but I was pleasantly surprised. No, I wouldn’t call them great works of fiction, but they were fun summer reads, which was all I was asking for. To me, they were like a sexed up version of the Twilight saga (sans vamps and weres of course), and what can I say, I loved Twilight.
- Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris: This was the 12th book in Harris’ Sookie Stackhouse series (from which the show True Blood is based). Typically I love this series, and anxiously await the next book. However, I was disappointed this time. It seemed like too much fairy drama (I’m not being derogatory here—literally, fairies.) and not enough Vampire-love-triangle drama, which is what got me hooked in the first place.
What I bought:
- Target: Mossimo Supply Co. red sandals, Mossimo Supply Co. aqua t-shirt, Merona navy boat shoes
- Gap Outlet: tank tops in navy stripe and orange, orange and pink stripe t-shirt, mint t-shirt, and coral jean shorts
- Loft Outlet white jean shorts
- J. Crew red skirt