Today I’m joining in the Friend Friday conversation about dreams and goals, brought to you by Katy of Modly Chic. And not that it's related at all, but this outfit is from my sushi dinner last weekend.
Blouse: Tucker for Target; tank: Target; jeans: Loft; earrings: gift; necklace: Towne & Reese via Walk of Fashion giveaway; shoes: Target
1. Fess up—if you could do anything professionally what would it be? Just like the amazing Sal of Already Pretty, who was the inspiration for this topic, I would make blogging about style (and food!) my career. There are those who frown upon professional bloggers, but I’m not one of them. In my opinion, what could be better than getting paid to do what you love?
2. What draws you to this? In the past 10 years or so, I’ve changed my mind about what I want to do with my life countless times. However, what has remained constant is my love for both fashion and food.
3. When did you first start dreaming about this idea? I started to daydream about getting paid to blog when I started Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique over a year ago. As time has gone by, the hours I spend blogging and being a part of the blogging community have increased drastically; when I think about how much time and effort I put into it, the more appealing “going pro” sounds.
4. What’s holding you back from going all in? One important reason I’m not pursuing blogging as a career right now is teaching. Over the last few years, I’ve been trying to make teaching French my career, and I finally landed the job I’d been hoping for. Although I may change my mind later, I’m happy balancing a hobby that I love (blogging) with a day job that I’m learning to love too (teaching). I’m not ready to give either one up right now, and frankly, I need to hold on to the one that pays the bills!
5. Sometimes the first step is the hardest…what’s one step you can take now on the way to realizing your dream? While I’m not ready to go as far as making it my career just yet, I would love to earn some money from blogging. In order to do that, I need to come up with a sponsorship plan. I hope that once I have more time (so NOT at the beginning of the school year) I can do some research on how to make this happen. (And for those of you who have sponsors, any tips you have would be appreciated!)
What do you daydream about leaving your current job to do?