Purple ruffle cardigan: Ann Taylor, thrifted (similar); black silk flower print tee: The Limited (similar); gray cords: Loft (similar); black flats: Isaac Mizrahi for Target (similar)
1. Which celebrity (celebrities) do you look to for fashion inspiration? I know I'm echoing a lot of other bloggers when I say I don't really keep up with celebrities, but the truth is I don't. However, some of the fashion blogs I read spotlight celebs from time to time, and when they do, Reese Witherspoon, Rachel Bilson, and Zooey Deschanel always catch my eye.
2. When it comes to your own personal style, what inspires you? Hands down, it's other bloggers who inspire me the most. My Pinterest boards, Google Reader, and internet bookmarks are filled to the brim with looks I see all over the blogosphere. It seems like I find a new blog, filled with inspiration, every day.
3. How do you hope to inspire your readers? I hope that my readers recognize that I'm a Midwestern girl on a budget, and that it's possible to be creative with clothes even if you don't live in a big city or have a disposable income. I also hope that I can make people smile from time to time, and realize that fashion is supposed to be fun. Also, if I can get people in the kitchen to try new recipes, I'm elated!
4. Outside the realm of fashion who/what inspires you? My family and friends inspire me to be a better person every day. My church family inspires me to become a more deeply committed Christian. Books inspire me--to learn, to think deeper, to explore the world. My dog even inspires me to take a break every now and then.
5. And since Idol is ending… Which songs inspire you? I'm always inspired by anything that the Beatles sing. I grew up listening to their music, and I can always find a song to suit my mood. Some of my other favorites include Billy Joel, Adele, the Zac Brown Band, and Mumford & Sons. This is far from a comprehensive list, but for the sake of time I'll stop here.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for the great questions Katy! Happy anniversary FBFF!
Song: Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys