I don't know about you, but.... TGIF!!! This week felt decades long. And it felt like I never left school (three twelve hour days will do that to you!). But the payoff is I don't have to work today. So again, TGIF. It was also a bit of a sad week, because Monday will be my last day as a long-term sub. I've been with the same students since before Thanksgiving, and now I have to leave them. It's been such a wonderful experience that I really don't want to do that. I've been so lucky--both the teachers and the students I've gotten to know made my job fun every day. Wow, this is making me teary-eyed.
Tan Cardigan: Loft; navy print blouse: Banana Republic Factory Store; denim pencil skirt: Converse One Star for Target; gray tights: Target (?); red wedges: Merona, Target
On a completely unrelated note, I've decided to participate in Katy of Modly Chic's Fashion and Beauty Friend Friday. So many of the blogs on my daily read list participate, and I thoroughly enjoy reading their answers. And since I finally have a Friday where I'm not rushing around like a crazy person, I thought I'd join the fun too.
1. What color dominates your closet? I would say gray probably takes the cake, with purple being a close second.
2. If money weren’t an issue how would you change the color emphasis in your closet? I don't think money would really affect my color choices--I would probably just buy MORE of every color. And since I can barely fit the clothes I have into my teeny tiny closet, that might be a problem. So good thing I'm poor, right?
3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? Do I like it? Then do it. Does it make me happy? Do it.
4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? Generally, I like to have a little color in all my outfits, so if I'm rocking a lot of neutrals, I tend to do a bright/bold shoe, belt, tights or necklace. Actually, my outfit above is a pretty good example of this--I had a lot of navy, tan and gray going on (I wanted to look conservative and teacherly for Parent Teacher conferences) so I livened it up with red shoes.
5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color into their wardrobe? Hmm, how do I narrow this down? The first person that comes to mind is Kristine of Kristine, or Polly. She always has awesome color combos. Also, Collette of Statements in Fashion is never afraid to have fun with color, and I totally love her for it! Finally, I just found (I know, I'm way late in the game) Linley's blog Dwelling & Telling and lately I've been smitten by her amazing use of color. So there are about 3700 more people I can think of, but I'm going to stop there.
Song: Eight Days a Week by the Beatles